A downloadable fantasy console for Windows
Congratulations on your purchase of the Grapefruitopia Industries Prism-384 Home Computer System
- High resolution widescreen 384x216 pixel display, able to display 5376 different colours.
- Display 512 sprites with advanced alpha blending technology.
- Tile based display system - each 8x8 pixel cell can display a blend of 3 different colours, with one of 16 brighness levels, mapped from the 512x512 pixel (4096 tile) buffer.
- Programmable FM Synthesis audio.
- Mouse, keyboard and gamepad support.
- Specifications subject to change in later revisions.
- A rudimentary Paint program that demonstrates how the colour attributes work.
- Assorted undocumented examples.
Still to do
- Improve the Paint program - create sprite and tileset definitions and a game map editor.
- Built in editor (currently everything needs to be edited in an External editor, such as VS Code.)
- Improve VS Code integration (debugger support, Intellisense definitions)
- Finish the audio system ( you can basically just make it beep currently - fully programmable FM synth is to come...)
- Proper documentation.
- Lots more examples.
- Ability to create standalone packages that can be distributed.
- Helper tools, such as an image colour converter to allow importing graphics into the correct colour modes.
- ..and lots more!
This is currently pre-alpha level software, so there's no guarantees that it'll actually work yet! Lots of things are still to be done, and lots of things will change regularly until everything stabilises. Also, there's next to no documentation as of yet, other than what is on this page!
Take a look in the fs\ folder - this contains the computer's virtual filesystem. .js files are executable - type:
You can type "IO.cat()" to get a directory listing.
Click download now to get access to the following files: