Build 2944 - Raspberry Pi and VS Code Debugging
Build 2944 adds some new goodies - it's finally running smoothly on a Raspberry Pi3B (make sure you've got the GL driver enabled), and much better integration into Visual Studio Code (or code-oss if you're on a PI)
- First Raspberry Pi preview release - currently only tested on a Pi3B. Needs the full versions of Raspbian Stretch or Buster, may not work on "lite" versions.
- Far better VS Code integration - if you're launching from the Itch app, you can click the "VS Code Workspace" button to launch VS Code with a ready built workspace. Debugger support is also WIP - install the Duktape debugger plugin (which should get auto suggested by the workspace), run Prism, and do IO.debug("myfile") and select Debug -> Start Debugging in VS Code. Breakpoints may or may not work, depending on platform!
- Added new 'Welcome' screen on startup - this will eventually have tips, and options for quickly launching things
- Lots of fixes and improvements to the built in Help viewer
- Reorganised the default tile graphics set, into a 4x4 page layout - individual pages can be loaded in without loading the whole image.
- Performance improvements in graphics renderer
- Working towards getting an Android build working (it currently fails to initialise the graphics properly, so exists on startup)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.